I Still Shoot Film and RAW are teaming up for an epic 3 day film photography workshop in PARIS. Are you looking at getting into shooting film? Are you shooting digital and what to try something different?
We are still in the early stages of planning and wanted to get some feedback as to what you would like covered. Paris provides loads of options, and we both have professional backgrounds in fashion combined with a personal love for street shooting. We want to tailor this workshop to fit your needs and share our experience in the most effective way possible. Would you rather shoot gorgeous models on-location or wander around the enchanting streets of Paris, shooting landscapes and scenes of daily life? Let us know!
The basic structure of the workshop will be as follows:
• Introduction to film photography
• The technical side of film
• Film types and recommendations for different genres
• Exposing/Composition/Light meters
• The all important loading and unloading of film
• Afternoon Shoot
• A massive day awaits shooting for the full day in multiple locations
• Lots of instruction and question time
• Review and critique of your images
• How to select and choose your images
• Film post processing techniques
• Development and Scanning options
• How to purchase film, cameras, lenses and accessories
• Further examples and discussions of the techniques covered
One of the benefits of shooting film is having a tangible finished product in your hands. We want to make sure you get a chance to review your images, so that we can answer any questions you might have. The wonderful folks at Atelier Publimod, a professional lab based in Paris, have agreed to sacrifice their Saturday night to get everything to you Sunday morning.
Your 100 Euro Lab Fee includes:
2 rolls of Ilford Delta 400
1 roll of Fujicolor Pro 400
Contact sheets on RC paper
Low resolution scans for all three rolls
What you need to bring
Although we will be discussing how and where to purchase good quality film cameras and there differences we won’t be heading out on a buying trip, so you will need to bring a 35mm film camera along with you, preferably an SLR. If you don’t have one you can of course flick us an email and we can discuss and help source a decent camera at a decent rate.
Sounds good, doesn’t it? Now it’s up to you
Let us know if you’re interested and what you want to shoot! Email Tristan from RAW at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rachel from I Still Shoot Film at email@example.com
Estimated Cost: $600EUR for the 3 day workshop + 100 EUR Lab Fee
Length: 3 Days
Date: 6th, 7th & 8th September
Max Class Size: 15